List With Us
We don't just accept anyone on our site, we only list properties or volunteering that match 2 or more of our criteria below.....
Accommodation listing criteria:
- Sustainable - Use renewable or sustainable energies and manages waste responsibly
- Conservation - Does not negatively impact on the surrounding wildlife, takes steps to protect flora and fauna
- Community Reinvestment - Reinvests into the local community through education, projects or initiatives to directly benefit and empower local people
- Supports Local - Uses locally sourced produce and promotes local businesses
- Fair Pay - Pays workers higher than national or industry average and provides additional (non-compulsory) staff benefits
- Charitable - Donates to, or actively supports, charitable causes either on a local or international level
Volunteering listing criteria:
- Protects Service Users - Carries out appropriate suitability checks for volunteers working with children and/or vulnerable people
- Not for Profit - Does not make a profit from offering volunteering, placement prices must only cover reasonable costs of accommodation, meals and transportation
- Welfare and Safety - Takes steps to ensure the welfare and safety of volunteers and have appropriate insurance policies in place or if not possible clearly advise volunteers to take out their own volunteering insurance
Whilst we're always open minded on our volunteering listings we're unable to list any volunteering in Orphanages or Residential Care Homes - find out why here.
We also have strict guidelines on our listings relating to animals - you can find out more about our Working with Animals policy here