List With Us
We don't just accept anyone on our site, we only list properties or volunteering that match 2 or more of our criteria below.....
Accommodation listing criteria:
- Sustainable - Use renewable or sustainable energies and manages waste responsibly
- Conservation - Does not negatively impact on the surrounding wildlife, takes steps to protect flora and fauna
- Community Reinvestment - Reinvests into the local community through education, projects or initiatives to directly benefit and empower local people
- Supports Local - Uses locally sourced produce and promotes local businesses
- Fair Pay - Pays workers higher than national or industry average and provides additional (non-compulsory) staff benefits
- Charitable - Donates to, or actively supports, charitable causes either on a local or international level
Volunteering listing criteria:
- Protects Service Users - Carries out appropriate suitability checks for volunteers working with children and/or vulnerable people
- Not for Profit - Does not make a profit from offering volunteering, placement prices must only cover reasonable costs of accommodation, meals and transportation
- Welfare and Safety - Takes steps to ensure the welfare and safety of volunteers and have appropriate insurance policies in place or if not possible clearly advise volunteers to take out their own volunteering insurance
Why list with Ethical Holiday?
We think we’re pretty unique in what we give for your membership, unlike many other listing sites we offer all of the services below….
- A Business to Business forum page to enable you to connect with other hoteliers and volunteering organisations, request a temporary property swap and pick up hints and tips from other businesses
- Promotion of your ethical credentials to a targeted audience through Social Media and Search Engine Optimisation
- We match accommodation with volunteering opportunities and vice versa, where possible, to maximise your exposure on our site
- A community and owners blog area for holiday makers to share their experiences – increasing sales via word of mouth recommendations
- A chance to work with a listing service that reinvests a percentage of profits to charitable and not for profit organisations
- Unique membership pricing structure - No commission, just a flat monthly or yearly rate tailored to you to enable easy budgeting
- Unlimited photos and even videos of your accommodation or volunteer placement on our website
- A personal and professional service - always contactable and happy to help
- Professional filming and editing of promotional videos for your business*
* Promotional videos created at an additional cost, quotations provided on request
Ready to join us?
If you'd like to list with us just complete our application form below. You can save the form to finish at a later date or email it to a colleague to check and complete outstanding sections. We'll be in touch once we've received your application to discuss your listing further and answer any questions you have.